Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What curriculum we are using...

I've decided on a mish-mash of things after all my research. Here is what I have decided on for each of the lambs and will slowly be adding in subjects as we head toward September:

Oldest (10 yo - 5th grade):
Saxon Math 76
Prima Latina (then move into Latina Christiana I or Lively Latin 1)
All About Spelling (then move into Simply Spelling and/or Megawords 1)
Writing Tales 2 w/Growing with Grammar (not a lot of grammar in Prima Latina)
Mindbenders for Logic
Art with a purpose 5 (I'd like to do more, but am afraid of overwhelming myself!)

Second (8 yo - 3rd grade):
Saxon Math 54
Prima Latina (then move into Latina Christiana I or Lively Latin 1)
All About Spelling (then move into Simply Spelling)
Handwriting
Writing Tales 1
Art with a purpose 3

Youngest (5 yo - Kindergarner):
Saxon Math 1
Sound Beginnings (phonics and writing)
Five in a Row
Poetry (Mother of Divine Grace K syllabus list and method of memorization)
Art Appreciation (Mother of Divine Grace K syllabus method using Child-sized Masterpiece cards)
Art For Little Lambs

For all three (K'er along for the ride for some of it):
Biblioplan Ancient History (reading, geography, art appreciation, arts and crafts)
WTM Science with Real Science 4 Kids Biology unit
Religion
Crossfit Kids classes for PE
Music (Piano Lessons)
French (The two oldest have had three years of French and want to continue. I ordered the sample from The Easy French and am waiting for that to arrive. Still have no idea what I should do hear since I do not speak a word of French.)

It seems like a lot. I figure I can always cut or add as needed! That's one reason I started in July. I wanted to make sure we had more than enough time to get things done by the end of the school year!

No comments: