Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our first official day!

Today was our first day of homeschooling. No tears from any one of us so I'd call that a success. I made a few mistakes. Forgot to print out the morning offering prayer so we'd each have a copy. The kids remembered to bring their rosaries with them for our opening. I didn't. I spaced out that I needed all three Saxon book so was missing the facts sheet and the solutions manual.

My son whined a bit, but the girls did great. My K'er isn't used to sharing me so that was a new thing for her and something she'll have to get used to doing as well as keeping herself occupied when I'm helping one of the other two.

As for me, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. The past two months have been spent on book deadline and then in June I got hit with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It took 15 books so I guess I should be relieved it didn't happen earlier in my writing career, but it was much more painful than I'd ever imagined and as soon as I can manage some free time and/or a babysitter I need to see a doctor. I'm relying on an ergo keyboard, exercises and hand braces right now, but it's impacted not only my writing, but trying to get ready for our homeschooling.

In spite of my uncooperative hands, we did start and it felt great. I'm just crossing my fingers that things go a little smoother tomorrow!

No comments: