Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Curriculum Purchase

I took the first step toward homeschooling. I purchased Writing Tales Level 1 for my son and Level 2 for my daughter. I want to have time to go through the Teacher's Manual. It says it's a full Language Arts program, but I want to see exactly what is covered and what isn't. They say you don't need a grammar course. I hope not since we would also be doing Latin and grammar would be covered there, too.

As for Latin, I'm leaning toward a program called Lively Latin. It looks fun and I could do it with both older kids at the same time. There's also a new Latin program called Song School Latin that's going to be released for younger kids and that might be good for my youngest. I'm sure she'll want to study what her older sister and brother are studying!

No comments: